Stroke Awareness Week 2019
Stroke Awareness Week will be held from Monday 2nd September until Sunday 8th September 2019. This week aims to raise awareness in the community about Stroke prevention and recovery. Contact the Association today to find out how you can assist in raising the profile of Stroke in 2019.
Did you know?
- Someone has a Stroke every nine (9) minutes in Australia.
- Stroke kills more women than breast cancer and more men than prostate cancer.
- Around 30% of Stroke survivors are of working age (under the age of 65).
- In 2015, an estimated 394,000 people—199,000 males and 195,000 females—had a Stroke.
- People in regional areas are 19% more likely to experience Stroke than those in metropolitan areas.
- It is projected that there will be one (1) million Stroke survivors in Australia by 2050.
- The Stroke Recovery Association has over 42 Clubs in NSW. These groups provide support and a safe environment for Stroke survivors to form new friendships and share their own unique experiences of Stroke.